In this episode of Educational Alpha, Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) Association CEO, Bill Kelly, interviews Dick Pfister, CEO of Alpha Core Wealth Advisory. Pfister, an inaugural member of the CAIA designation in 2005, discusses his background, the evolution of the wealth advisory industry, and how diversifying strategies can be utilized in portfolios for long-term success.
- How institutions have been allocating to alternatives for more than two decades
- The need to have a longer-term mindset when investing in alternative strategies
- The evolution of the alternatives industry and educating clients on appropriate expectations for alternative strategies
- Elevated volatility, inflation and interest rates providing the opportunity for alternative strategies to do well and provide true diversification
- Mistakes seen in the world of alternatives by having a mismatch of expectations on liquidity and returns
- Ways to provide protection in a down market and mitigate risk in the portfolio
Pfister concludes the episode by emphasizing the importance of educating clients on industry trends and the need to have a longer-term mindset when investing in alternative strategies.
About the CAIA Association’s Educational Alpha Podcast: Listen in on conversations with host Bill Kelly, CAIA Association’s CEO and an eclectic group of guests within the world of finance. Hear about their professional or personal journeys, career and life advice, and perspectives on the industry. There’s always more to the story …
This podcast represents the opinions of AlphaCore Capital in general, and there is no guarantee that any forecasts made will come to pass. Due to various risks and uncertainties, actual events, results or performance may differ materially from those reflected or contemplated in any forward-looking statements. This material is not intended to be relied upon as a forecast or investment advice, and do not constitute a recommendation, offer, or solicitation for any specific security or any specific investment strategy, as AlphaCore provides investment advice only within the context of our written advisory agreement with each AlphaCore client. The illustrative securities discussed were provided as representative of companies AlphaCore believes may be positioned favorably in the current market environment versus past performance. The opinions are based on market conditions as of the date of publication and are subject to change. No obligation is undertaken to update any information, data or material contained herein. It should not be assumed that any of the securities discussed were or will prove to be profitable, or that the investment recommendations or decisions we make in the future will be profitable. Past performance is not indicative of future results.