Volatility has re-entered the markets, inflation is dramatically on the rise and the Federal Reserve is caught between a rock and a hard place. To help investors better understand these issues and how to combat down markets with alternatives, AlphaCore Wealth Advisory CEO and Founder Dick Pfister recently hosted a webinar with Blackstone’s Private Wealth Solutions Chief Investment Strategist, Joe Zidle.
This marked AlphaCore’s third webinar with Blackstone, which is one of the world’s leading investment firms. Blackstone’s investment management business includes investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis.
Some of the key topics discussed by Mr. Pfister and Mr. Zidle during this webinar include:
- How we believe AlphaCore’s investment management process may protect capital on the downside while participating in the upside
- Blackstone’s 10 surprises for 2022, which has been produced annually for 37 years and is co-authored by Mr. Zidle and Blackstone’s Vice Chairman of Private Wealth Solutions, Byron Wien
- Blackstone defines a “surprise” as an event that the average investment professional would assign a one-out-of-three chance of taking place, but which they believe has a better than 50% chance of happening
- The challenges investors and policymakers may face if inflation remains persistent and interest rates rise, even if economic growth is robust, and why investors should adjust their portfolios to prepare
- The importance of acknowledging recency bias when dissecting the causes of inflation and the recent changes that likely caused the increase in prices of goods and services
- Whether rising interest rates will accomplish the Federal Reserve’s goal to combat inflation, and what increased rates may mean for different areas of the real estate market
- What investors should look for when selecting technology companies for their portfolios and which specific sectors appear the most promising as digital disruption continues
- Why current investors should continue to pay attention to current geopolitical issues and the impacts these concerns may have on different sectors and regions of the world
To learn more about this webinar or any of our upcoming events, please do not hesitate to contact us.